Friday, May 21, 2010

Babies....

Today we woke up and had a wonderful breakfast of biscuits and gravy! Yummy. Lenord is a man after my own heart with all this fattening southern cooking. So far we've had fried chicken, grilled cheese, pizza, and french toast. I am told to expect baked cornflake chicken and baked potatoes for dinner...yes please!

After breakfast, we returned to our house and took a little nap. It was so nice, considering Sarah and I have the possessed closet for a bedroom! Then after lunch we were off to the Haven for some baby time. DW and DT returned to town to buy all the stamps in Kalomo but returned unsuccessful as they were all out!

When we arrived at the Haven, the Aunties immediately turned all the babies lose and they swarmed us. SO GOOD!!!!! I spent my afternoon loving on the medical fragile children (ones with TB, HIV, or some other illness that prevents them from living in the same house with the well babies). Lee has taken my heart! I am in love. If I could bring him home with me, I might just do that.

It is amazing, the babies here are so calm and quiet and content to just be held. They don't require any specific accommodations, just a free lap and a cuddle. They LOVE their one on one face time, and occasionally got feisty with each other when they felt like their girl was being taken from them.

After the Haven we had dinner and then played Apples to Apples in the dark with our headlamps. Rachel won with the most schizophrenic personality. After that, Marga, Catherine, and I went to campus and busted in on a college singing group. I would love to learn the songs and be able to sing along but it was so nice just to listen. They have invited us back everynight they sing.

That's it for now! Loves.

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment