Monday, June 21, 2010


We arrived in Livingston on Saturday around lunchtime. BW gave us all some money to get our own lunch. Sarah and I decided to share something and pool our money at a nice restaurant. It was so good! After we checked in to the Protea, we loaded back up into “Khaki Jackie” and headed to the Royal Livingston for some High Tea. It was so delightful.

After High Tea, we had the pleasure of seeing some small monkeys playing around on the grounds. As we were taking pictures and videos one little monkey decided to be brave and chase after Sarah and me. As we ran screaming from the tiny monkey like little girls, we couldn’t help but laugh at the thought.

Sunday we went on a Safari in Botswana. We started the day with a riverboat cruise in the Chobe National Park. Lebs, our guide was very knowledgeable and steered us around to all of the animals. We saw elephants, monitor lizards, hippos, water buffalo, crocodile, and tons of birds. It was great. After our cruise we had lunch and then we loaded up on our safari trucks and headed out. BW, Sarah and I all sat in the back of out truck with our friends from Mexico in front of us then Meghann, Marja, and Caroline. We had so much fun looking for all the animals. We saw Impala, Kudo, Warthog, Elephants, Giraffe, Water Buffalo, and Monkeys. Then when we least expected it, our driver Ronald, hit the gas and muttered something about a Leopard. We went tearing off through the bush at about 50 km per hour. We plowed through a heard of Elephants, and when I say heard I mean about 50 elephants. It was crazy. Ronald got us there in time to see the Leopard being harassed by two jackels. Then he calmly walked in front of our car. It was great. They say that Leopard sighting are very rare in the Chobe National Park. All in all, it was a good day.

This morning we got to sleep in. Sarah and I did not get out of bed until around 10:30. It was a nice change and a much needed rest. After lunch we went to Victoria Falls to see it during the day. It was so beautiful and amazing to see. We had a great guide who took us around to all of the sights. He was really good, even though we still got drenched.

After Victoria Falls, we went on a sunset cruise. There was food, animals, and good friends, along with an African sunset. A good ending to a wonderful trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment