Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Things I learned in Africa....

I had to come all the way to Africa to learn several things. I will leave you with these.

1. Things don't have to be done my way to be done right.
2. Little leaps are just as good as big ones.
3. Just cause your clothes don't match, doesn't mean you aren't in fashion.
4. Our plans don't always work out the way you want them to.
5. Kids are ALWAYS watching, even if you think they aren't.
6. Socks with sandals is a fashion statement.
7. Personal hygiene is optional.
8. There's always room for one more.
9. Sometimes the best ideas are accidents.
10. "Wall Spider" is a lose term.

We depart tomorrow at 3 pm. I am sad to leave but very happy to be heading home to reliable internet, consistently hot showers, and electricity that doesn't go off every night at 7 pm. Goodbye Zambia, until we meet again!

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment